Welcome at this website
~ Vivism ~
Vivism is the name of a principle of behaviour
implying one waives killing and affecting well-being
of all kinds of living beings to a degree as large as possible.
The Vivistic principle of behaviour is based on a philosophy-of-life called
The philosophy of Paradisionism in broad outline claims that mankind will have to start respecting life and well-being of all kinds of creatures on Earth fully as soon as possible, in case it wants the possibility to continue its existance on this planet not to disappear within a few decades and at the same time this existance to become paradisally (or so to say "regain Paradise lost").
The Vivistic principle of behaviour (a norm to which all ones activities are assayed) more or less follows on from the older principle of behaviour called Veganism. As is well known this principle implies respecting life and well-being of animals in so far, that one doesn't use any kind of animal food and in the other aspects of ones behaviour seeks to exclude all kinds of cruely to animals as far as possible and practicable. Vivism extends this thus that not only life and well-being of animals, but of áll kinds of creatures (among which also plants and microbes) are respected to a degree as large as possible.
"Vivism is a pinciple of behaviour
which implies that one in principle doesn't
conciously kill, mutilate, wound, harm in health otherwise,
hurt, or disoblige any living being, either directly or indirectly,
one more than that prevents as far as possible
committing these acts unintentionally, that they are committed
by others, and that one profits of them, in case
they are committed anyway."
In other words Vivists principally do what they can
to avoid that living beings are injured one way or another.
As a result practising Vivism in principle implies among other things:
- No consumption of animal food, including milk and eggs;
- Not using any materials, that derive from animals; such as ivory, down, etc.
- Not killing animals at all (including so called vermin);
- Not depriving animals of their natural freedom; so neither exploiting them;
- No consumption of plants; (vegetables consisting of their roots, stem or leafs);
- No use of materials that require the killing or mutilation of plants; (e.g. wood);
- No weed control;
- Leaving behind all, that kills microbes in any way; (particularly making fire);
- Observing the law strictly; (mainly to avoid hurting other humans);
- Leaving behind all, that is detrimental for the well-being of other creatures.
(More about this item is
on special page "Respecting")
Motives for Vivism
1) Respect for life in all its appearences. As it is very likely that not only people but all other kinds of living beings as well want to live their complete life in an optimal well-being, this can be a reason for humans to stand together with their fellow creatures living on the same planet by not doing to them, what one doesn't want to be done to oneselve.
2) The belief or the conviction that all of nature (= life) on Earth is one complete system, so that everything one does wrong to one or more of its elements has proportional negative consequences for the functioning of the whole system, in which one is an element oneself.
3) The belief or the conviction that by doing nothing wrong to any kind of living being one prevents deserving and getting a proportional natural punishment. Deseases for instance can be concidered as such punishments for ones crimes against Life. Microbes, like bacteria, play a crucial role in this context and it is very well possible to perceive a wheter or not direct connection between these setbacks in ones health situation and(certain of one's) not so life friendly conducts in the past.
Smoking tobacco products for instance has several nature unfriendly aspects; (the tobacco leafs are vital organs taken away from a plant, the paper of cigarettes is made from the wood of killed trees, and setting it all in fire kills many microbes living in and on those leafs); so in case one after a while of doing so gets lung cancer this can be seen as a direct punishment by nature for one's repeatedly hostile kind of behaviour.
Transporting oneself with a motorised vehicle implies one kills big numbers of microbes that naturally find themselves in crude oil or natural gas the used fuel is made out. So when one gets involved in an airplane crash or a traffic accident, in a way one gets a so called 'cooky of own dough.
Many of nowadays economical activities are not only unessential, but at the same time rather nature and/or environment unfriendly. All unpleasant or dramatic experiences (like working pressure, stress and burnout) that befall someone while being involved in such activities, can be seen as punishments one wouldn't have suffered from in case one would have limited ones economical activities to essential and nature friendly ones (like growing raw edible organic fruits in a most plant and other living beings friendly way).
4) When behaving in the Vivistic way one causes as good as no environmental damage.
So if anybody does, this will bring an end to all environmental disintegration of planet Earth . Greenhouse effect for instance is mainly caused by lifestock production, motorised transportation and heating, cooking, cooling as well as freezing systems. Vivists in principle don't eat no animal food, nor cooked food, have no heating, no refrigerator, and no freezer, nor do they kill microbes by fire or otherwise, which implies that they in principle don't use any motor fuel.
5) Once a Vivist, an additional reason to stay it is in the fact, that one then has learned to know the laudability this way of behaving is rewarded with.
Then for instance one turns out to be able to enjoy the intense beauty of Flora (plant world) more and more, to such a degree that one gets an impression of how paradisally life on Earth must be meant to be.
At the moment some
more extended information
about Vivism is available on this page
© Copyright Nicolas Pleumekers (Founder and director of the Nature Protection Foundation)